Prep time: 30 min
Servings: 15-20 pieces
Ingredients for marzipan:
- 2 cups almond flour
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract OR rosewater
Ingredients for chocolate:
- 1/3 cup of virgin coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/3 cup raw unsweetened cacao powder
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes OR coarsely chopped pistachio nuts
Directions for marzipan:
- In a bowl, combine almond flour, maple syrup and vanilla/rosewater extract and knead with your hands until you have a firm, sticky dough.
- Pinch off about 1 tablespoon of dough to form a round, small marzipan ball.
Directions for chocolate:
- Pour coconut oil into a tall cup and add maple syrup and cacao powder; stir until well incorporated.
- Dip a marzipan ball into the chocolate (I use a spoon and my hands).
- Immediately roll it in coconut flakes/pistachio nuts until fully covered and perfectly round.
- Set on a plate and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.